Type/Code recognizes that diverse teams make the strongest teams. Candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups in tech are highly encouraged to apply.
We have immediate need for someone to help us maintain and streamline our current AWS and devOps infrastructure. This will include actively working on live projects with large scaling requirements as well as helping us set better devOps precedents and tooling for the engineering team. Our ideal candidate has significant experience with the majority of the below:
- AWS Services: ECS (Fargate/autoscaling), EC2, RDS, VPC, OpenSearch/ElasticSearch, ElasticCache, Route53, CloudFront, S3, etc
- CI/CD: Github Actions or similar (jenkins/circleci is close enough)
- devOps automation / bash scripting
We're relatively flexible with part time, contract, or contract to hire. Candidates will need to maintain hours overlap with NYC but otherwise remote is ok.
More about Type/Code:
Type/Code is a boutique, Brooklyn based, full service digital agency. We’re experts in product, UX, and visual design backed by an outstanding development and devops team that brings innovation to life. We're also a community of friends/collaborators/colleagues that love to work together. We take on compelling projects with exceptional clients: A24 Films, Google, the Atlantic, Pivotal, MoMA, and MIT Media Lab just to name a few (see some of our case studies). Over the past decade we’ve made a name for ourselves, and we’re particular about what clients and projects fit in our portfolio - which is to say, we don’t swing at every pitch.
What We value
- Community: our team is small and close knit and we want you to join the family
- Work/life balance: we're not a startup, we tend to stay away from projects with difficult deadlines (not to say it doesn't happen), and we want you to be happy so should make your non-work life a priority!
- Thoughtful, high quality work: we want you to own what you do, care about it, want to do it well, and create something you feel good about
- Communication: especially in the current distributed model, frequent and clear communication with the team is crucial
Though we'll be reopening our Brooklyn office in '22, our team is currently pretty distributed - our only location requirement is that you have sufficient work hours overlap with the rest of the team.
Hire Me Already
Send a resume/linkedin/github and optional (but appreciated) cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit for Type/Code to:
Type/Code designs and builds digital products and experiences, working with ambitious clients to bring powerful ideas to life. Our clients range from growing startups to cultural institutions to industry leaders, including Google, A24, MIT Media Lab, GE, MoMA, and Scholastic. We focus on conceiving, designing, and developing exceptional digital experiences across a wide range of mediums.
While a significant amount of our work is client-focused, we jump at any opportunity to build self-driven tools and products. Our studio atmosphere is friendly, laid-back, collaborative, flexible, and full of a passionate group of designers and developers who love what they do.